If you’ve decided to hire a tax expert, like a CPA this coming year then there are a few items you need to be prepared for:
1) Bring Your W-2s – if you’ve received your W-2s from your current or former employer, please bring them with you.
2) Bring your 1099s – again, if you’ve received any 1099s then please bring those along too.
3) 1098 form – bring any information on your mortgage interest because no homeowner wants to miss an interest deduction on their tax return.
4) Bring a copy of last year’s return – it’s important for your CPA to get a full picture. So we recommend bringing your prior year’s return to the appointment.
5) Any other tax forms or information – if you have any other tax information that is important to filing your return, please bring it with you.
If you have any questions about what to bring to your tax preparing appointment, please give us a call at 573-686-3053.