Back to top

Client Login

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Click here to go back

Just Married? Find Out What Tax Forms and Changes You Need to Know

Posted by Meredith Rines Posted on June 14 2016


Just Married? Find Out What Tax Forms and Changes You Need to Know

Were you just married or know someone getting married?  Well, the IRS has a form for that.  Actually, several forms.  Let Denton & Associates help you make the process simpler!

We are in the middle of wedding season and there will be quite a few couples walking down the aisle.  Just remember as you’re getting married or attending weddings that there is a form for that!

Name change? Change in tax withholding? Address change?  There are forms for all of those!

If either party is changing their name then you will need to file for a new Social Security Card.  The name on your Social Security card will need to match your tax return. 

The paperwork you filled out when you started your job will need to be re-done.  Your combined income will change after you say “I do,” which may change your tax bracket.  However, there might be a benefit to filing “married filing jointly” or “married filing separately.”

You need to talk to a tax professional to get a plan that’s best for you and your new spouse. Give us a call at 573-686-3053 to discuss what options are best for you!


Add New Comment